Call us on +44 (0)20 8291 6800



How much does it cost to hire a Campervan?

January £385 £630
February £385 £630
March £430 £770
April £445 £805
May £460 £840
June £475 £875
(Min 7 days please call)
(Min 7 days please call)
September £475 £875
October £445 £805
November £400 £700
December £385 £665

Long term hires:
3 weeks + = 10% discount on the above rates
6 weeks + = 20% discount on the above rates
9 weeks + = 35% discount on the above rates

Prices include 20% VAT

Prices rise during bank holidays, Easter and Christmas. Please contact us for a quotation.  There is a minimum hire period over Christmas and New Year and for festivals such as Glastonbury, please call to discuss.

*Please contact us within 1 month of departure as we may be able to offer shorter hire periods.

Additional Drivers can be added from £5 per day.

To travel to Europe we charge an addional fee of £15 per day which includes increased vehicle insurance cover, roadside assistance and legal compliance. However, it is strongly recommended that you take out the highest level of private holiday/travel insurance in case of any medical or unforseen event that might impact on your holiday.

A non-refundable deposit of £250 or 20% (which ever is greater) is required to secure your booking

£1000 damages deposit

Collision damage waiver (CDW) is available reducing your excess for each incident to £200(plus VAT) at a charge of £15 per day VAT. However CDW does not reduce your liabillity for any damage to wheels, tyres, glass and windscreens, overhead and under body damage or negligent damage such as to fixtures, fittings and supplied equipment. Regardless of whether CDW is accepted or included you will be liable for such damage. We reserve the right to refuse CDW.

^ return to top of page

What is included in the price?

Fully comprehensive insurance for 1 driver, conditions apply, please read the terms and conditions below carefully. (The prices quoted are for drivers between the ages of 25 and 70 with clean, UK driving licences, Drivers outside these conditions will be considered but there may be an extra charge. Please call to discuss.)

All drivers must have held a full licence for a minimum of three years.

Breakdown Cover
VAT 20% 
Unlimited Mileage
Satellite Navigation
TV/DVD player
Child seats if required (no charge and subject to availability)
First aid kit
Kitchen equipment
Dining table and chairs - for 2 people, more chairs can be added free of charge and subject to availability, please request at time of booking.
Gas bottle
For your enjoyment you can freely select from our collection of board games, books and DVDs

^ return to top of page

Why hire with CamperVantastic, quality assured by the BVRLA

CamperVantastic is an award winning specialist hire company that has been independently inspected and approved by the British Vehicle and Rental Association.  This accreditation means that CamperVantastic has achieved industry standards for it's modern fleet of campervans and codes of practice and quality that are periodically reviewed and inspected by the BVRLA to ensure we maintain our customer charter. The association regulates the industry through its mandatory code of conduct. The BVRLA logo is your guarantee that you will receive the highest levels of service

In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the quality or service you receive we have set procedures to resolve any difficulty, which must be made in the first instance and addressed to CamperVantastic, see our FAQ section, how to complain, for details. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome then your have the reassurance that you can appeal to the BVRLA who will investigate and mediate on your behalf.  Click here for more details from the BVRLA website

^ return to top of page

What is the campervan equipped with?

Your campervan is packed with features which can be explored by visiting our hire page, in addition it will be equipped with the following items;


Kitchen Equipment
Complimentary Tea, instant and fresh coffee and sugar
Two ring gas stove
Sink with running water (full water tank)
Washing up bowl
Washing up liquid, sponge/cloth, cleaning products, rubbish bag
Tea towels
Frying pan x 1
Saucepans x 1
Pasta pot x 1
Chopping board
Cooking utensils
Vegetable knife
Vegetable peeler
Bread knife
Tin opener
Cheese grater
Garlic press
Corkscrew/bottle opener
Dinner plates, side plates, bowls
Cutlery set
Beakers, mugs
Coffee maker (4 cup French press & 2 cup Mocca)
Salt and pepper
Salad/fruit bowl, platter
Separate single ring camping stove + spare canister

Other useful bits and pieces
Mains hook up extension lead and euro adapter
UK mains adapter
Din/accessory two way adapter
Satellite Navigation disk/Tom Tom
Radio with CD USB line in and I-pod ports
Levelling blocks
First aid kit
Washing line and pegs
Emergency vests x2
Fire extinguisher
Rechargeable Lantern
Wheel bolt key
Fitted Sheets (optional)
Coat hangers
Dustpan and Brush

^ return to top of page

Can you save me money and help me find a campsite? Do I need electric hook up?


We stock the best selling range of Coolcaming guides, available to buy online,  packed with some stunning photography and naturally some of the coolest campsites in the UK and Europe.  Titles in the series include England, Wales, Scotland, France, Europe, Kids, Wild Swimming Coast and Wild Swimming . Available to buy from our online store.

Camping and Caravan club  

We have also teamed up the Camping and Caravanning club to offer you privileged access and discounts of up to 30% off club site prices. Please click the icon for access to the clubs campsite directory Siteseeker. Your campervan will come equipped with the Clubs campsite guide and  privilege card for the duration of your hire. When booking please mention that you will be using a Privilege discount card with Campervantastic Ltd                                               

NEWS The Camping and Caravanning Club will soon be able to boast wireless broadband (Wi-Fi) at 91 of its UK Club Sites. Campers can access the wireless ‘hotspots’ at each site securely for a small fee. Find our more at

Electric Hook up

If you are expecting to stay in your campervan without driving for more than 36 hours then we recommend you book an electric hook up to charge and maintain the leisure batteries.  Connecting the hook up lead is very simple and full explanation of the electrical systems is provided before you leave.

Camping Card International

Camping Card International, a plastic identity for campers enjoying their camping holiday abroad.
The Camping Card International is a plastic identity card for campers which can be used the world over, except in the USA and Canada.  A CCI generally costs £5.50 from the Camping and Caravan Club but is FREE when booking an Inclusive Holiday or taking out Personal and Vehicle Insurance through Carefree.

You must be a Club member in order to apply for a Camping Card International, see their website for details. Some countries in Scandinavia make it compulsory to have a camping card in order to access camp sites; however, unfortunately, the CCI is no longer accepted at a number of campsites in Sweden belonging to the SCR network.

 CCI benefits include…

  • The ability to use the card as an identity document which, in many countries, may be left at the campsite reception instead of a passport.
  • Third Party insurance coverage - to the value of 2.5 million Swiss francs - valid for any accidental damage you may cause while abroad whether staying at a campsite, a hotel or in rented accommodation.
^ return to top of page

What time can we collect and drop off our Campervan?

We always endeavour to be flexible to meet the needs of our customers so please contact us to discuss your requirements. Hire rates are calculated on a 24 hour basis.

Our standard times are

Weekend – Pick up Friday and return Monday
Mid -Week – Pick up Monday pm and return Friday am
Weeks – Flexible
Alternative days and times may be available, please contact us to discuss.

^ return to top of page

What if it gets too cold or hot?

We've camped in sub zero temperatures and sweltering 50C plus and want you to be comfortable which is why all our campervans have parking heaters and air conditioning when driving. We have also exclusively designed all weather comfort packs.

Hot Climate Pack
This includes a mains powered fan, mosquito mesh netting for the lower sliding window and rear door and an "airsafe" security lock to enable airflow through the rear door hatch  The campervans have windows in the upper roof area with built in mosquito  nets and an air-conditioning system but this can only be used when the campervan is being driven. Click here to check out optional extras

Cold Climate Pack
For winter trips we can provide a thermal linner for the pop up roof area which will be fitted for you and front windows that you simply attach with velcro, a window scraper and de icer.  These extras are a useful addition when temperatures fall between 0 and 10 C.  Please contact us in advance for advice and tips about extreme campervanning!  Click here to check out optional extras

Extreme Climate Pack
If frost or snow is forecast or your heading for the mountains where temperatures may fall below zero then we recommend the extreme pack. 

You'll get an external roof hood that is easy to fit and will protect the roof area from the elements and snow build up, you'll also get a set of snow chains which in many countries are a legal requirement when snow fall is likely, especially in the mountains.  Click here to check out optional extras

We advise you to take both the Cold and Winter Climate packs for sub zero adventures especially if you plan to sleep in the roof bed.


^ return to top of page

What is the minimum rental period for a Campervan?

Campervans can be rented for a minimum of 1 day, 7 days during June, July and  August, please call to discuss.

Flexible "Try before you buy" packages include instruction and purchase consultation with follow up advice and support.  Subject to whether you buy new or second hand,  full or part hire costs may be reimbursed when buying from one of our affiliated dealerships, (terms apply).

^ return to top of page

Where is CamperVantastic based?

We are based at Unit 5 118 Stanstead Road, Forest Hill, London, SE23 1BX. We are just off the South Circular.
(Visitors by appointment only)

Parking is limited but there is unrestricted residential parking close by.

Registered Office
Unit 5, 118 Stanstead Road, Forest HIll, London SE23 1BX

^ return to top of page

How can I pay?

We accept all major credit/debit cards. There is a 4% charge if using an American Express card. You will need a credit card for your pre authorised security deposit (this is a standard practice used by hotels etc ,no money is physically taken from your card, subject to the safe return of your campervan)

Credit cards

^ return to top of page

How many people can sleep in a VW California Campervan?

There are 2 double beds, one in the pop up roof (with safety nets for children) and one down below. Awnings can be hired and they can sleep an extra 2 people, the campervans can also seat up to six people if required, please contact for details.

^ return to top of page

Can I take the Campervan abroad?

Yes but there is an extra cost of £15 per day for our European Upgrade Pack which must be taken if you are planning to leave the UK (not required for Ireland). This pack includes - European driving insurance certificate, European Roadside assistance cover, all items legally required to drive on the continent such as warning triangle, headlight adjustment, reflective vests etc. an information sheet on driving abroad and European, satellite navigation upgrade and road map. There are some limitations as to where you can travel so please tell us your travel plans before you book. 

It is strongly recommended that you take out the highest level of private holiday/travel/personal possessions insurance in case of any medical or unforeseen event that might impact on your holiday.

For advice on driving in Europe check out these links.

For Campsite advice try:


^ return to top of page

What Optional Extras can you provide?

We have developed a great range of extras to both enjoy and increase you campervanning comfort, plese follow this link for more details or click the rental tab. Optional Campervan Extras 

Also check our 'equipment rental'

*Climate Packs
Just because you're 'camping' doesn't mean you shouldn't be comfortable. Here at CamperVantastic we have used our own campervanning experiences to design special 'climate packs' to keep you cool in the heat or warm in the cold. Whether you are heading to the sun or the snow we can provide everything you need

The HOT PACK includes heat reflective windscreen shield, sun canopy (on T5), mosquito netting, an indoor fan and an "airsafe" security lock to enable airflow through the rear door.

The COLD PACK includes frost shield, internal insulation panels, snow chains and all weather tyres, de-icer and scraper.

**European Driving Upgrade
In order for you to drive safely and legally in Europe you will need some extra equipment and cover. This upgrade includes - European driving insurance, European Breakdown cover, all items legally required to drive on the continent such as warning triangle, headlight adjustment, reflective jacket, breathalyser & an information sheet on driving abroad and European satellite navigation upgrade.

All drivers planning to take a CamperVantastic Vehicle to Europe must upgrade. Please inform us of your travel plans when booking as not all countries are covered.
^ return to top of page

What equipment is for rent?

We have an increasing range of equipment for hire for those looking for something new or just a bike to get around the campsite, please follow this link or click the rental tab for more info, please contact us if you have other requirements.  Equipment Hire

^ return to top of page

What deposits are required?

A booking deposit of £250 or 20%, which ever is greater is required to reserve your campervan. This can be paid by all major credit and debit cards. Unfortunately deposits are non refundable.
Please note that bookings made within a month of travel must be paid in full.

A damages deposit (excess) of £1,000 (Up to £1,500 for non UK Licence holders) will be required when you collect your vehicle. We will make a pre authorisation on your credit for the value of £1,000 (Up to £1500 for non UK Licence holders) to cover any potential damage to the vehicle and/or equipment as outlined in our terms and conditions, excess applies to each occurrence. If you do not have a credit card then funds will need to be available on your debit card and we will have to apply a £30 administration fee in order to process a debit card deposit.

A minimum handling fee of £25 (Plus VAT) may be charged for events such as having to administer repairs, refuelling and forwarding traffic and parking penalties.


^ return to top of page

What are your cancellation terms?

Cancellation charges

  • More than 4 weeks before: Booking Deposit
  • 4 weeks or less – Cancellation/No Show: 100% of total hire charge
  • Curtailment 100% of total hire charge.

It is strongly recommended that you take out the highest level of private holiday/travel/personal possessions insurance in case of any medical or unforseen event that might impact on your holiday. 

^ return to top of page

What identification is required to hire a vehicle?

The primary driver will need to provide one piece of photo ID such as your driving licence and one piece of ID with your current address such as a utility bill dated within 2 months of the hire date. It is vital that we perform a DVLA check for any endorsements for UK licence holders. If you are adding an additional driver we also need to see their full licence and perform a DVLA check. You must provide the requested ID before a vehicle can be released to you. If you are unsure what to bring please check with us.

YOU MUST bring the above documentation as failure to do so may invalidate your hire.

^ return to top of page

Can additional drivers be added?

Yes but there is a small charge, £5 per day if you are staying in the UK or £10 per day if you are planning to travel in Europe.
(The prices quoted are for drivers between the ages of 25 and 70 with clean, UK driving licences. Drivers outside these conditions will be considered but there may be an extra charge. Please call to discuss.)

^ return to top of page

What is a Volkswagen California Campervan?

The VW California is based on the popular VW transporter van chassis which is the number one light goods vehicle in Europe. It is similar in proportions to the Ford Transit van and measures approximately 5 metres long, 2 metres high and 2 meters wide.

The VW California is the only factory fitted campervan made exclusively by VW at their factory in Hanover Germany.

^ return to top of page

What is a Volkswagen California like to drive and how big is it?

Our campervans are extremely comfortable and operate exactly the same as any modern family car with many of the refinements found in more expensive models. With responsive engines and car-like agility you can park them in a standard car parking space, assisted by proximity sensors. They are less than five meters long and under 2 metres high so you can also access most parking areas including some underground and multi story car parks. The campervans also have three point seat belts, air bags and seating systems that comply with UK and European safety standards, TUV tested and compliant. Given the elevated driving position the visibility is very good and combined with efficient engines, power steering, ABS and traction control they are highly manoeuvrable and some of the safest campervans manufactured. (Full dimensions: T5/6 Length (without rear bike rack) = 4.89m (16ft 1in), Width = 1.91m (6ft 3in), Height = 1.99m (6ft 6in) (note height will increase when carrying bikes).

^ return to top of page

What induction do you offer/are the Campervans complicated to use?

When you come to collect your campervan or have it delivered we will give you a full induction and let you have a go at various operations before you drive away. Each campervan has an information manual written by us with all the basics and a full manufacturer’s handbook with more details. If you are stuck on something you can call us on our 24 hour support line.

Please allow at least 45 minutes when you collect your campervan so that we can give you a full guided tour of your campervan and complete all the paperwork necessary.

^ return to top of page

What about security?

Crime is relatively low in most campsites however reasonable precautions must be taken to ensure you have a safe and trouble free trip. Lock the vehicle at all times and keep valuables out of sight – particularly portable satellite navigation systems. All vehicles are fitted with a security system, which can also operate when you are sleeping.


It is advisable to keep personal items of value with you at all times or store them in approved campsite safes. There are no safes in our campervans as these can attract, rather than deter, criminals. 


Please note:-  Your personnel possessions are not covered by the hire insurance.


It is strongly recommended that you take out the highest level of private holiday/travel/personal possessions insurance in case of any medical or unforeseen event that might impact on your holiday. You may find you are covered by your household or holiday insurance, please check your insurers terms and conditions.


Our vehicles are GPS tracked for your piece of mind should an incident occur and we are notified of any UK toll roads that the vehicle may use. We will endeavour to remind our customers if any tolls have been used, but cannot always guarantee this reminder.

^ return to top of page

What about towing?

You can tow boats, jet skis and caravans with our Campervans, where tow bars are fitted. However our insurance only covers these for third party so please ensure you take out adequate insurance for these and any expensive accessories that you take. If you wish to tow something then you must notify us in advance to ensure your vehicle has a tow bar and that we supply you with the appropriate number plate.

^ return to top of page

Can I bring a pet?

Pets are allowed in our Campervans by prior arrangement as we use a dedicated pet campervan for such hires and whilst we expect this campervan to be returned in a clean condition we have to charge a £50 valeting fee for a deep interior clean which includes all protective covers, upholstery and carpets.  Just to be sure you will all fit in safely and comfortably, we will need to know the breed, size and number of pets you wish to carry and we will then confirm if this is possible.

By providing a designated pet campervan we can prevent the risk of discomfort for those customers who have allergies.  Should we discover that a campervan has been used to carry pets without prior authorisation then a £100 charge for cleaning and administration will be applied to your hire. 

^ return to top of page

What is your smoking policy?

For the comfort of all we operate a strict No smoking policy in the campervans and awnings, charges will apply for damages or cleaning as result of smoking in prohibited areas (please see terms and conditions).

^ return to top of page

Can I leave my vehicle with you?

At present we do not have the capacity to store vehicles, however we are based in a residential area and there is free parking in nearby streets. We cannot take any responsibility for your vehicle.

^ return to top of page

Where is the nearest train/tube station?

We are situated close to Forest Hill Rail and London Overground and Catford/Catford Bridge Rail stations - all are approximately a 15 minute journey from Central London.

^ return to top of page

Do I need holiday insurance; can I cancel my booking or get a refund if I need to curtail my holiday?

It is strongly recommended that you take out the highest level of private holiday/travel/personal possessions insurance in case of any medical or unforeseen event that might impact on your holiday. Please make sure that you arrange adequate travel insurance to cover you if you have to cancel or cut short your holiday or are forced to change your plans due to an incident.

Unfortunately booking deposits are non-refundable and we cannot reimburse you if your holiday is curtailed. If you have paid in full and cancel prior to departure please contact us immediately, part refunds may be available subject to the length of notice given.

^ return to top of page

Do the Campervans have rear seatbelts and can child seats be fitted?

The Campervans have 2 rear and 2 front, three point seatbelts, additional seating is available and these also have three point seatbelts, all our seating is TUV crash tested and approved. You are welcome to bring your own child seats if required. We include free child seats suitable for babies, toddlers and children up to the age of 11 as required by law, please enquire at time of booking.

^ return to top of page

Do I need a UK TV licence on a campsite to watch TV?

All our campervans have Freeview receiving TV's onboard and for your convienence TV licencing is included whilst you are hiring our campervans. (reception is subject to local conditions and signal strength) 
^ return to top of page

Do the Campervans have CD players or i-pod ports?

All our campervans have CD players, DAB radio, bluetooth/USB connectivity and an AUX connection. 

^ return to top of page

What happens if I breakdown?

All campervans have full breakdown cover both in the UK and Europe. Full instructions of what to do in the event of a breakdown and terms and conditions are provided for you when you collect the vehicle.

We advise customers to take out the highest level of holiday insurance in the event of any unforeseen circumstances that could affect your holiday.
Fees may apply for call outs for human error, eg. Lockout or lights left on, use outside of contracted area of use, or damage caused by negligence. Fees for excess towing and recovery may also apply at CamperVantastics discretion.

^ return to top of page

What if I want to buy a campervan?

If you're looking to purchase a campervan and want to "try before you buy", we have teamed up with one of the UK's leading suppliers of both right and left hand drive campervans, VW Campersales. Please contact VW Campersales to discuss current stock and "try before you buy" offers.

Flexible "Try before you buy" packages include instruction and purchase consultation with follow up advice and support.  Subject to whether you buy new or second hand,  full or part hire costs may be reimbursed when buying from one of our affiliated dealerships, (terms apply).

^ return to top of page

How do I complain?

Making a complaint to CamperVanTastic

CamperVanTastic aims to resolve complaints within 28 days of receipt. Complaints must be made in writing to: CamperVantastic Ltd, Unit 5, 118 Stanstead Road, Forest Hill, London SE23 1BX. Complaints will only be handled if received within 28 days of the hire period ending. In the event of a unsatisfactory response to your complaint you may contact the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association) of which CamperVanTastic is a member.  The BVRLA will only investigate a complaint once the above procedure has been followed, they will then provide you with an independent conciliation service, see below.

Using the BVRLA conciliation service


If you are unable to resolve your dispute with one of our members you can refer to our conciliation service.

How do I complain?

Details of your complaint should be submitted in writing to the BVRLA. To assist you with submitting your complaint you can download a copy of our complaint form below.

Complaint form

The form and copies of all relevant correspondence should be sent to;

Chief Executive
River Lodge
Badminton Court


^ return to top of page

What are your hire insurance terms and conditions?


1.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be incorporated into and govern this Agreement made between the Owner and the Renter whose names and addresses are set out overleaf to the exclusion of all or any other terms and conditions.
1.2 Words and expressions defined overleaf shall where applicable have the same meanings when used herein. In addition the term "Vehicle" when used herein shall (if applicable) be deemed to include any replacement vehicle and all tyres, tools, accessories, parts and equipment relating to Vehicle.
1.3 Where the person signing this Agreement on behalf of Renter is not Renter, he or she represents and warrants to Owner that he or she is authorised to sign and to enter into this Agreement for and on behalf of Renter and all agreements and obligations on the part of Renter hereunder shall be deemed to be made by such person jointly and severally with Renter.
2.1 Owner agrees to let and Renter agrees to take on hire Vehicle upon and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2.2 The period of hire shall commence on the Time and Date Out specified overleaf and shall continue (subject to earlier termination by either party or any extension in accordance with this Agreement) until the Time and Date Due Back specified overleaf.
2.3 The period of hire may not be extended without Owner's prior written consent and charges will be applied for late returns at the daily rate.
3.1 Renter will not use Vehicle or allow Vehicle to be used for any purpose for which it is neither designed, suitable nor hired including (without limitation) the carriage of passengers and/or property for hire or reward; any unlawful, hazardous or unusual purpose; propelling or towing any other vehicle or trailer or for any similar purpose without Owner's prior written consent; racing, rallying, pace-making, reliability, speed testing or other trials, competitions of any sort or driving tuition; carrying a number of passengers and/or property which would cause Vehicle to be overloaded or would cause any applicable restriction to be exceeded; the use of Vehicle on any surface other than roads with a tarmac or concrete surface over which there is a right of way (public or private) for motor vehicles.
3.2 Renter will not allow Vehicle to be driven by any person who has not been approved in writing by the Owner.
3.3 Renter will not take or allow Vehicle to be taken outside the United Kingdom without Owner's prior written consent. As a pre-condition of any consent Renter must produce to Owner evidence satisfactory to Owner of adequate insurance arrangements for taking Vehicle abroad including (without limitation) an International Motor Insurance Card ("Green Card") and/or Bail bond (as the case may be).
3.4 Renter will not use any vehicle with a gross vehicle weight over 3.5 tonnes without a full valid and current Operators license where the vehicle is being used for business use.
4.1 Renter will pay to Owner on demand:
(a) the Total Deposited as specified overleaf together with any further deposits requested by Owner on or before the commencement of any extension of the period of hire, which Owner may apply at any time towards payment of any sums due from Renter hereunder;
(b) the amounts (if any) specified overleaf for Time charges, Collision Damage Waiver, Excess Charges per occurrence, Theft Protection, and the miscellaneous other charges (if any) specified overleaf; 
(c) all fines, penalties, costs, charges and liabilities relating to parking, road traffic or other offences or contraventions or restoration charges and loss of income if the vehicle is seized by Customs and Excise incurred in relation to Vehicle by Renter or Owner (except where caused through fault of Owner) from the commencement of this Agreement until Vehicle is returned to Owner in accordance with the terms of this Agreement by the nominated payment method stated overleaf regardless of the time lapsed between offence and notification of offence to Owner, and Renter will allow Owner to process electronic CNP transactions for these amounts plus a reasonable administration fee not less than £25.00 +VAT;
(d) Owner's costs or repairing or replacing Vehicle in the event of loss, theft or damage howsoever caused, plus loss of revenue to Owner (calculated at Owner's unlimited mileage charges for the period during which Vehicle shall remain unavailable for rental by reason of such matters) provided that if Vehicle is operated in accordance with all the terms of this Agreement;
(e) Renter's Liability in respect of damage to or Theft of Vehicle will be limited to a non-waivable excess charge, per incident, in accordance with Owner's current tariff as specified overleaf, except where the damage or theft has been caused by the negligence of the Renter;
(f) the cost of refuelling Vehicle if returned to Owner with less fuel than was contained in Vehicle's fuel tank at the commencement of the period of hire together with Owner's current tariff or refuelling service charges;
(g) Owner's cost incurred in recovering Vehicle in the event Renter fails to return it to Owner in accordance with the terms of this Agreement;
(h) any value added tax or local or other taxes payable in respect of any of the above.
4.2 All overdue payments shall bear interest on the amount overdue at the rate prevailing laid down by the Government from the date such sums become due to the date of actual payment. Owner reserves the right to charge administration fees.
Renter shall at all times during the term of this Agreement: (a) take proper care of Vehicle and ensure Vehicle is used in a lawful and reasonable manner in all respects and in particular (without limitation) will keep Vehicle locked when not in use and shall ensure that ignition keys and/or security arming devices are not left in the vehicle when unattended.
(b) return Vehicle to Owner in the same condition as when received as evidenced by Renter's signature on Owner's "Check-in-slip" relating to Vehicle (fair wear and tear only excepted) to Owner's address specified overleaf immediately upon demand by Owner (such demand not to be made without reasonable cause) subject to a refund to Renter of any sums already paid by Renter in excess of those due under the terms of this Agreement;
(c) immediately report any accident, loss or damage involving Vehicle to the Owner and the police or other proper authority and take photographic evidence of all damages etc, complete an accident report form and sketch plan, to include details of all witnesses and third parties involved;
(d) immediately report any breakdown, fault or defect, reasonably requiring repair to Owner and will not, in the case of a defect or fault which makes Vehicle un-roadworthy or liable to cause damage or danger to persons or property or further damage to Vehicle, use Vehicle until such defector fault has been repaired or corrected and will take all reasonable steps to prevent or mitigation
(e) obtain Owner's prior written consent before incurring repair costs in excess of £25;
(f) not remove or interfere with any Vehicle parts or spares or with any identification marks or plates affixed to Vehicle;
(g) inform Owner immediately upon request of the whereabouts of Vehicle;
(h) not sell, mortgage, charge, pledge, assign, underlet, lend or otherwise dispose of or part with 
possession of Vehicle at any time or contract so to do or otherwise deal with Vehicle in any manner 
inconsistent with Owner's rights;
(i) maintain all oil and fluid levels and tyre pressures in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations;
(j) at Owner's request assist Owner in enforcing any rights or remedies Owner may have against third parties in respect of any loss or damage to or in connection with Vehicle arising during the term of this Agreement.
6.1 Owner warrants that from the commencement of the period of hire:
(a) to take all reasonable steps to provide the Renter with a well maintained vehicle; (b) when informed of a breakdown by the Renter to see that the necessary repairs are carried out promptly, if possible;
(c) if repairs cannot be carried out promptly, to provide a substitute vehicle or allow the Renter to terminate hire.
6.2 All other warranties, conditions or terms relating to contracts of hire and whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular (but without limitation) Owner shall not be liable to Renter for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (including loss of revenue), costs, expenses, liabilities or any other claims or demands arising out of or in respect of:
(a) any breakdown, malfunction, failure or defect of Vehicle; (b) any property left, stored or transported by Renter or by any other person in or upon the Vehicle either before or after the return of Vehicle to Owner. Provided always that nothing herein contained shall restrict or exclude Owner's liability for death or personal injury caused by Owner's negligence or any other liability of Owner which cannot be excluded as a matter of law.
7.1 Except where Renter has elected personally to insure Vehicle as evidenced by Renter's signature in the "Accepts" space overleaf, Renter participates as an insured under Owner's vehicle insurance policy and agrees to observe all the terms and conditions thereof. A summary of the terms and conditions of such insurance policy is available for inspection at Owner's address specified overleaf. Renter further agrees to protect the interests of Owner and Owner's insurance company in the case of an accident during the term of this Agreement by:
(a) making every endeavour to obtain names and addresses of parties involved and of witnesses;
(b) not admitting liability or guilt to any third party; (c) not abandoning Vehicle without adequate provisions for safeguarding and securing the same;
(d) calling Owner's office by telephone using the number specified overleaf and further giving a detailed report including (without limitation) photographs, plans and drawings to Owner;
(e) notifying the police or other proper authority immediately.
(d) Non-waivable excesses: The renter will be fully liable for all overhead (including elevating roof, fabric bellows & roll out sun canopy), undercarriage, windscreen, wheel/tyre damage or losses to items stowed externally or towed.  The renter will have to pay our reasonable costs for bringing the vehicle back to the condition stated in the pre-rental inspection report. This could include the cost of any damage inside and outside the vehicle, cleaning costs if the vehicle is very dirty, and replacing any items or accessories.
7.2 Where Renter has elected personally to insure Vehicle (evidenced as aforesaid), Renter undertakes to insure and keep insured Vehicle during the term of this Agreement under a fully comprehensive motor insurance policy (including windscreen damage) to its full replacement value, free from limitation or excess, with reputable insurers approved in writing by Owner. Renter agrees to observe all the terms and conditions of the said policy. Renter shall at Owner's request supply full details of such policy to Owner and shall ensure Owner's interest in Vehicle is endorsed upon the said policy. Renter shall procure that any money paid by Renter's insurers under the said policy is paid directly to Owner, and Renter shall compensate Owner for any loss or damage suffered by Owner in excess of any monies received by Owner.
Renter will indemnify and hold harmless Owner and keep Owner indemnified and held harmless against all costs, losses, claims or damages, expenses and liabilities of whatsoever nature suffered, incurred or sustained by Owner as a result of or in connection with:
(a) any breach by Renter of any of the provisions of this Agreement; and (b) any loss or damage to property left, stored or transported by Renter or by any other person in or upon Vehicle either before or after return of Vehicle to Owner. Provided that this indemnity shall not apply to any liability of Owner for death or personal injury caused by Owner's negligence or any other liability of Owner which cannot be excluded as a matter of law.
9.1 If Renter commits any breach of this Agreement; or if any statement, representation or warranty made by Renter overleaf or in these terms and conditions in respect of himself or any Additional Driver is incorrect; or if a receiving order is made or a petition in bankruptcy is presented against Renter (or, being a company, Renter goes into liquidation, whether voluntarily or compulsorily or a receiver, administrator, administrative receiver or manager shall be appointed over the whole or part of its business or assets); or if Renter offers to make any arrangement with its creditors or if any distress or execution is levied against any of its goods; then in any such event Owner may terminate this Agreement forth with but without prejudice to any of Owner's accrued rights and remedies against Renter.
9.2 On the expiry or termination of this Agreement, howsoever occasioned, Renter shall no longer be in possession of Vehicle with Owner's consent and Renter shall forthwith return Vehicle in the same condition as when received as evidenced by Renter's signature on Owner's "Check-in slip" relating to Vehicle (fair wear and tear only excepted) to Owner's address specified overleaf, provided that under no circumstances shall Renter return Vehicle to Owner outside Owner's normal published opening hours without Owner's prior written consent. If Renter commits any breach of this Agreement, Owner may, without notice, retake possession of Vehicle together with the insurance certificate and any other documents of Owner and for such purpose may enter upon any premises belonging to or in the occupation or control of Renter.
The information that you have provided on this form will be used by the Owner to fulfil the contract that you have placed with us. We will not pass your information to any organisation outside this company other than to our insurers, Alan Boswell Group, Harbour House, 126 Thorpe Road, Norwich Norfolk, NR1 1UL. We may use your information to let you know about other products and services offered by this company which we think will be of interest to you, or to undertake quality control questionnaires. If you do not want to receive this information or to take part in any survey we undertake then please advise us either verbally or by writing to Customer Services at the address on the front of the agreement.
We aim to deal with all disagreements fairly and calmly. If we cannot deal with a disagreement, we may take the matter to the BVRLA’s conciliation service. This agreement is governed by the laws of the country in which you signed it. Any disagreement may be settled in the courts of that country. This agreement contains all the conditions which we have agreed and replaces any written or verbal agreements we have with you. The BVRLA’s address is River Lodge, Badminton Court, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0DD. Phone: 01494 434747 Email: Web: 
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties.
June 2014
^ return to top of page